1/2 Photos of Skillet Creole Chicken Fricassee
Published in Cook's Country magazine, Dec/Jan 2007. You can substitute chorizo or kielbasas for the andouille sausage. Serve over rice. Note: there are several good recipes posted on RecipeZaar for Creole seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 8 ounces andouille sausages, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1Halve each chicken breast crosswise (or, depending on size, you may want to cut each into 3 pieces.) Pat chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- 2Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate, leaving fat in skillet. Cook chicken in sausage fat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with sausage.
- 3Add oil, onion, celery, and pepper to now-empty skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and remaining teaspoon Creole seasoning and cook until four begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- 4Slowly stir in broth until smooth. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken registers 160°F, about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Creole Chicken Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.3
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 889.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 40.1 g