Recipe by Chef Jean
This cookie comes out soft and is great cut like a pie and served with vanilla ice cream ( or chocolate). Make sure you use an oven proof skillet, I use cast iron.
Top Review by 2Bleu
I halved this recipe and used only 1/4 cup of butter. also, I opted not to add nuts. I used our smaller 6 1/2" cast iron skillet and it took 30 minutes to bake. Easy to make, fun to eat! :)
- 177.44 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Stir the chips and nuts in by hand.
- Press into a 10 inch skillet and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.