Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Cooking light (1988) Excellent on the BBQ!! Marinating time 8 hours
- 2 lbs lean boneless leg of lamb
- 1 cup any dry red wine
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 small eggplant (about 3/4 lb)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim fat from lamb, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Combine lamb and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, toss gently to cost.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator about 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Peel eggplant, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Drain lamb, reserving marinade, discard onions and garlic.
- Thread lamb and eggplant alternately onto 6 (12 inch) wooden skewers.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray, place on grill over medium hot coals.
- Place skewers on rack, cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.