Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 6 large raw, shelled & deveined prawns
- 1⁄2 clove crushed and finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed, dried red chile (more or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 whole lemon (to serve)
- Heat the oven to its MAX!
- Put the olive oil in an individual oven proof dish (I use Spanish earthenware but anything capable of taking high temparatures will do).
- Heat the oil in the oven until smoking!
- Throw in all ingredients and stir quickly.
- Serve immediately whilst the dish is still sizzling- the shrimp is ready to eat as soon as it changes from blue to pink.
- Serve with lemon quarters and plenty of good bread to soak up the juices.
- This dish takes little time to prepare and virtually none to cook and has proved a huge success at dinner parties etc.
Simple and basic. I like it. It's an interesing thing to do for a party, and it scales up to 4 people easily. I did mine in a cast-iron skillet. It's a little easier to handle.
We liked this dish too! Simple to make, but the flavors were great. I used some New Mexico red pepper flakes, and I used 2 cloves of garlic. I too made it in a cast iron skillet, and it came out of the oven perfectly pink. Anyone else who makes this should just remember not to overcook the shrimp (cook just until pink). I will definately make this shrimp dinner again. Thanks Andy for sharing.