An incredible homemade sizzler!
Make and share this Sizzling Aromatic Vegetarian Sizzler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large carrot, peeled,cut and boiled
- 1 potato, peeled,cut and boiled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -5 cauliflower florets, washed,cut and boiled
- 3 -5 French beans, cut and boiled
- 2 tomatoes, blanched and chopped
- 2 slices pineapple, cut
- 2 pieces apples, cut
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon black salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 3 -5 drops vinegar or 3 -5 drops butter
- First wash all the vegetables nicely in chilled water.
- Cut the carrot, potato, Frenchbeans and the cauliflower all lengthwise.
- Boil the above vegetables till half done.
- In a wok, heat the oil.
- Add the onions to it.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add all the boiled vegetables.
- Add capsicums, tomatoes, pineapple and apple.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, black salt, corriander leaves and Tomato Ketchup.
- Toss well.
- Lay one fine leaf of cabbage on a hot iron tawa (griddle).
- Put the cooked vegetables on it.
- Just before serving, put few drops of vinegar or butter to bring that steam effect.
- Lo and behold: Your aromatic sizzler is sizzling and waiting for you to have a great treat!
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this, since I didn't think I would like fruit and veggies mixed together. The only part I did not like was the apples. Something about them just didn't seem right, both in terms of taste and texture.