Recipe by commercesd
This is a take on the crab salad from the Sizzler salad bar. It has a sweet, coleslaw type of dressing. This versatile dish can be served as a side, inside sandwiches and even with crackers.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, julienned
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni (optional) or 1⁄2 lb shell pasta (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sweetener equivalent)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 12 ounces mandarin oranges
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- If using pasta, cook al dente and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, celery and imitation crab meat.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dressing ingredients (beginning with mayonnaise.
- Pour dressing over crab mixture.
- Gently fold in cooked, cooled pasta.
- Toss lightly to combine.
- Cover and chill 2 hours to overnight before serving.
- Serve on Romaine or red lettuce leaf.
- Without pasta, may serve with crackers or inside of a sandwich. Garnish with radishes and mandarin orange slices.