1/1 Photo of Sizzled Citrus Shrimp
Serve this as a main dish or present as an appetizer. From the Spring 2004 edition of Eating Well Magazine, who says, "This Spanish-inspired saute is a lesson in simplicity!" Very simple shrimp dish. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (30-40 per pound)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Combine lemon juice, wine, 2 tsp oil and garlic in a medium bowl.
- 2Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- 3Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- 4Drain well, reserving marinade.
- 5Heat 1 tsp oil in a 12-inch non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 30 seconds per side; transfer to a plate.
- 7Add bay leaf, crushed red pepper and the reserved marinade to the pan; simmer for 4 minutes.
- 8Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan; heat through.
- 9Season with salt, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- 10About 4 servings- 3/4 cup each.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzled Citrus Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.3 g