Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These muffins are so handy to have. Just make as many as you want!! They are delicious! I store mine in a gallon jar.
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup melted margarine
- 1 quart buttermilk
- Mix raisin bran, sugar, flour, soda,cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in beaten eggs, margarine, and buttermilk.
- Mix well.
- Store, covered, in refrigerater.
- To use, bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes.
- Will keep in frige for 6 weeks.
- Sugarless version: I think you could take off half the sugar, add the sugar replacement, and 1 t baking soda.
These muffins are wonderful. They really do keep for six weeks. If you don't like raisins like me, you can substitute Bran Flakes.
I finally got around to trying these and they are so simple and quick, since it's already mixed. What a wonderful thing!
Hi, I use to make these all the time. They are wonderful. The muffins are actually better after the batter has been in fridge a week or two-very moist!