1 hr 15 mins
A simple pie crust recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Rub in butter and shortening with your fingertips until mixture is very coarse, but no pieces larger than a large pea remain.
- 3Using a fork, stir in ice water until dough almost comes together into a ball.
- 4Press dough into a ball with your hands and wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 30-60 minutes before using.
- 5To prebake, preheat oven to 375°F Roll dough out to fit a 9-inch pie pan and trim the crust. Prick the bottom with a fork a few times.
- 6Line the inside of the crust with aluminum foil, not covering the edges, and fill with pie weights or about 2 cups of dried beans.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes, until very lightly browned.
- 8Remove foil and weights and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until medium brown at the edges.
- 9Set aside to cool.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Single Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g