Gluten Free Pie Crust
From Arrowhead Mills.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Stir dry ingredients together, making sure xanthan gum is evenly distributed.
- Cut in butter or oil and add honey.
- Add cold water a little at a time until a ball is formed.
- Roll dough to 1/8" thickness between two sheets of aluminum foil.
- Peel top sheet of foil off, and invert dough onto a 9" pie pan.
- Peel off other foil sheet.
- Prick dough with fork, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes until brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had some difficulty with this crust. I've never been very good at making pie crusts, so it could be just me, but I couldn't get this to transfer to the pie pan. It would fall apart every time. I finally decided to make it with a simple rice flour blend (2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour) and that worked a little better. I still couldn't get it transferred to the pie pan after rolling out, so I ended up just patting it into the pan with my fingers and not rolling it out at all. Despite the troubles I had, the crust tasted great and worked well for the apple crumb pie I made.1Reply
see 10 more