Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Delicious and decadent pepper crab. You can use dunginess crab if mud crab is not available or you can also use soft shelled crabs or prawns since they are easier to eat and less messy too. If you're using soft shelled crabs add 1 cup of flour for dredging.
- 907.18 g large crabs, claws cracked, shells removed and cleaned. Drain to dry
- 59.16 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4 fresh red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 59.16 ml butter
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 10 slice young gingerroot
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 9.85 ml dark soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar (optional)
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- chopped green onion (to garnish)
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry-fry black pepper in a wok or frying pan till fragrant. Remove and keep aside.
- The crabs taste best if they are deep fried in very hot oil first – deep fry on all sides till the crabs turn red. Drain and keep the oil aside.
- Heat a wok, add the butter and when it melts and is hot, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for three minutes till the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar and stir well before adding the pepper.
- Stir fry a few seconds on high heat, add the crabs and stir fry one minute. Serve with the garnish on steaming hot rice.