Hey Jude's Note:
Don't let the list of ingredients scare you...this goes together quickly and easily (I made it after work, it was on the table in 45 minutes). I found this in Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 head bok choy, rinsed,stem end trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 12 oz.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 2 Italian tomatoes, rinsed,cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup drained canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, five spice, chili flakes and salt; shape mixture into 1-inch balls; pour flour onto a large plate and roll balls in flour to coat lightly.
- 2Pour oil into a 4-5 qt nonstick pan over medium-high heat; add meatballs in a single layer; cook, turning often, until lightly browned all over and barely pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- 3Add garlic and ginger to pan and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds; add coconut milk, broth and meatballs; bring to a simmer.
- 4Adjust heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until meatballs are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in bok choy, baby corn, tomatoes, water chestnuts, green onions, and lime juice and cook, stirring often, until bok choy leaves are wilted and stems are barely tender to bite, about 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with cilantro and serve from the pan.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Turkey Stew
Serving Size: 1 (701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 854.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder
hot chili flakes