Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I am ready to really splurge, this is unbelievably good. You can top with whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate shavings if your diet & arteries can take it! Cooking time includes preparation time.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the milk, chocolate and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk periodically until the mixture reaches the boiling point and is foamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- For more foam, use a wire whisk or hand held blender to whip the hot chocolate.
- If used, add any optional toppings.
I loved the taste, but haave to say, this was a little too rich for me. I added some rice milk to thin it out just a little. thanks for a yummy drink! Made for Australian Recipe swap-March!
DH said, "It is just like drinking melted chocolate!" I said, "You got it babe." I used fat-free half and half.
_*To set the stage*_ It is gray & rainy in Iceland & I am having a lazy cooking day as leftovers are my dinner plan. I am so lazy that I decide to indulge myself, watch a movie & have something yummy to eat & drink while I lounge. So I made this PAC choice hot chocolate drink to have w/a slice of your Recipe #215053 slathered w/your Recipe #215812. I reduced this recipe to 2 servings & stretched out on the couch w/remote in hand. I added a bit of Bailey's to the 2nd serving, was asleep when DH got home from work & the movie was over. I still have the rest of the movie to watch, so my plan is to repeat all this again tomorrow! Life is good when you have *KATs MOM* helping you make all this self-indulgence possible! :-)