5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a recipe I came up with just for this contest! I love mexican food and was determined to figure out a delicious, yet different way to prepare Simply Potatoes in a flavorful mexican dish. I came up with Simply Taquitos, and they are muey delicioso!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine ‘Traditional Mashed Potatoes’ (refrigerated), salsa and pepper jack cheese (mix well).
- 2Wrap corn tortillas in moist paper towels and place in plastic (freezer) bag. Close bag and microwave for approximately 20-25 seconds, or until tortillas are soft/ pliable.
- 3Remove (1) tortilla from bag and spread some of the potato filling (about 2-3 tablespoons) in the middle of the tortilla. Be careful not to overfill (filling should not spill outside of the tortilla).
- 4Roll the tortilla inward (as tight as possible) until completely closed. Secure the edge with a toothpick, or you can use two toothpicks (one on each end).
- 5Repeat until all the potato filling has been used.
- 6Heat vegetable oil in skillet. Fry however many taquitos will fit on the bottom of the pan without overlapping or overcrowding (about 6).
- 7When the bottoms are golden brown, flip them over and cook the second side the same way. Be sure to remove any mixture that falls out of the taquitos with a slotted spoon so that your oil does not burn.
- 8Remove the taquitos from oil and drain on paper towels. Remove the toothpicks.
- 9Serve with guacamole and sour cream for added flavor!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Taquitos #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.0
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes