This is the most simple, delicious salad ever! Every time I take it to an event, everyone wants the recipe. They are so surprised when they see how simple it is. I sometimes add cooked chicken and eat this as a meal for myself. Doesn't get any better than this!!! Hope you'll try:) Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageprepared coleslaw mix
- 2 packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets reserved for dressing (I use 1 pkg. Oriental and 1 pkg. beef)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- In large bowl, combine slaw mix and crushed ramen noodles.
- Add green onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, sesame seed, and almonds.
- In seperate bowl, combine dressing ingredients and the two reserved Ramen noodle seasoning packets and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hrs.
- before serving, mixing well at least once.
- Mix before serving; Serve chilled.