Recipe by courtneygaylord
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. An easy vegetarian recipe that works beautifully for lunch or as a light dinner with a green salad.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 6 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add package of Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion and evenly distribute them in a single layer.
- Immediately sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top of the potatoes and allow the potatoes to cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes until you can see a lovely browned crust on the underside. (You may need to adjust the heat of your pan to achieve a good sizzling sound in order to create browning.).
- Flip the potatoes using a metal spatula, a little at a time. If you see that all of the butter has been absorbed, sneak a little bit more under each section as you flip. Then allow them to cook again for another 2 minutes, keeping that sizzle going, until that side has also browned a little bit. The taco seasoning should smell fragrant and create a tasty crust.
- Melt another 1/3 tablespoon (1 tsp.) of butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add one flour tortilla. Sprinkle lightly with Mexican-style cheese (about 1/3 cup). Top with about 1/3 of the browned potatoes, and then sprinkle with another 1/3 cup of cheese. Put another tortilla on top and cook for about 2 minutes until the tortilla is golden brown. (Again, adjust your heat as necessary to keep a gentle sizzle. Cooking slowly will insure that the cheese melts on the inside.) Flip and cook another minute or two.
- Keep the first quesadilla warm in a 250-degree oven while you cook the next two quesadillas.
- On a cutting board, divide the cooked quesadillas into quarters. Serve warm and oozy!