1/1 Photo of Simply Divine Marinara Using Oven Roasted Tomatoes
I discovered Breezermom's Aromatic Slow-Roasted Tomatoes Aromatic Slow-Roasted Tomatoes, and decided to use it to make home made marinara and it turned out divine. Toss it with 16 oz of rigatoni, 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, and the rest of the 2 oz of fresh basil for the most delicious Caprese Pasta Dish ever! You can puree all or part of the tomatoes for a smoother sauce. The time does not include the 7 hours to oven roast the tomatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and butter in a sauce pan.
- 2Add onion and garlic being careful not to burn, cook about 8 minutes until soft.
- 3Add broth and wine and heat to simmer.
- 4Add chopped and/or pureed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer on low for a minimum of 30 minutes or until the sauce begins to condense and thicken.
- 6Add basil and cook for a few more minutes.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8See instructions above for turning this into a divine caprese style pasta dish!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Divine Marinara Using Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g