1 hr 30 mins
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse 2005 From the Emeril Show The absolute best cheesecake I've ever eaten! You simply must try this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped from inside of pod and reserved
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- strawberry sauce, recipe follows
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butter the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and mix well. Press onto bottom of springform pan and bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. When completely cooled, butter the sides of the pan.
- 3Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 4In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, zests, and vanilla and beat until light and creamy. Add the flour, then the eggs and yolks 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the sour cream, vanilla bean seeds, and bourbon and mix until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Wrap the pan in foil and place in a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to come half way up the sides of the pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Transfer cake to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate cake overnight before serving. Cut into wedges and top with strawberry sauce.
- 6Strawberry Sauce:.
- 72 pints fresh strawberries.
- 81/2 cup sugar.
- 91 cup water.
- 101 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest.
- 112 tablespoons kirsch or brandy.
- 12Combine berries, sugar, water and zest and cook until berries are soft and the liquid is thick, about 10 minutes. Stir in the kirsch or brandy and cook for 1 minute.
- 13Remove from the heat and let cool. Spoon on top of the cheesecake and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious New York-Style Cheesecake With Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.7
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 240.7 mg
- Sodium 410.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
oranges, zest of