Recipe by Suzanne S.
I made this for my ladies circle meeting, and everyone was so impressed! Looks like you've been slaving in the kitchen all day!
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons cherry yogurt, low fat is fine
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray 2 cake pans with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients.
- Mix on low, scraping bowl, 1 minute or until blended.
- Mix on medium, for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Put batter evenly in pans.
- Bake 30-33 minutes.
- Cool in pans on racks 15 minutes then cool cake on racks until completely cooled.
- Topping: Put layer upside down.
- Pipe 1 cup Cool Whip in a circle along edge.
- Spread one-cup pie filling in center of circle.
- Spread 1 cup Cool Whip on top of cherry pie filling.
- Top with second layer.
- Pipe remaining Cool Whip around edge and put pie filling in middle.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.