Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an adapted carrot cake recipe that I changed to fit my tastes (it doesn't have nuts, coconut, or pineapple, but you can add them if you wish). The cream cheese frosting on this is to die for!
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Add the carrots and mix in the flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt.
- Pour into an ungreased 9x13-inch pan and bake at 350F for 45 minutes. (If you are using a glass pan, bake at 325°F.).
- To make frosting, cream together the cream cheese and the margarine, then beat in the powdered sugar. (add a little bit of skim milk if needed to spread easier, but you shouldn't really need it).
- Frost the cake when it has cooled and enjoy!
I was skeptical after the first reviewer but this turned out delicious! I'm not sure what the first person may have missed but the cake was so moist and the frosting was very creamy and sweet. (perhaps they forgot the powdered sugar?) Thanks for the recipe!