Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lovely cake--especially for people who don't fancy much of chocolate. I especially made this for my mom on Mother's Day and she loved it. Even chocolate cravers in my family enjoyed this simple but great cake. I used whipped cream icing and for the second layer I used vanilla ice cream, set it in the freezer and it tasted great. You can however use your favourite frosting! this recipe is from allrecipes.com
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
This was a simple recipe, just what I wanted. I used egg whites beaten till frothy and topped them with peanut butter icing. I will add a smidge more extract next time as the flavour was a bit too subtle for us. Also, because of its ease, i'm going to teach this recipe to my After school group!