Recipe by jas kaur
This is a lovely cake--especially for people who don't fancy much of chocolate. I especially made this for my mom on Mother's Day and she loved it. Even chocolate cravers in my family enjoyed this simple but great cake. I used whipped cream icing and for the second layer I used vanilla ice cream, set it in the freezer and it tasted great. You can however use your favourite frosting! this recipe is from allrecipes.com
Top Review by SoupCookie
This was a simple recipe, just what I wanted. I used egg whites beaten till frothy and topped them with peanut butter icing. I will add a smidge more extract next time as the flavour was a bit too subtle for us. Also, because of its ease, i'm going to teach this recipe to my After school group!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I have tried using 1 cup milk 4 tbsp less and it works great more moist cake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.