Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This curry blend is made from everyday ingredients found in most people's kitchens. I usually like alot of "heat" in my curry powder, but this is a great substitute for Indian flavor, without too much "fire" from red chilis or cayenne. Can be used in any recipe that calls for curry powder.
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingrediendts, and store in a glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- **Note:I crush my fennel seeds in a mortal and pestle, but it you place the seeds in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin, it works just as well.
- This recipe makes"just about" 1/4 cup of spice.
A wonderful blend! I added extra cumin and cayenne and skipped the fennel just to suit my personal taste.