Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT6 for the Asian region. My hubby is so happy I'm part of ZWT this year as now I'm posting recipes that I can't eat (seafood allergy) but he can! Found this recipe in the Dec. 2009 Simple & Delicious magazine.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed & coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and remaining 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer; add noodles. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrot; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drizzle beaten egg into hot soup, stirring constantly. Stir in cornstarch mixture and add to the pan then bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and heat through.
Once in a great while, when we're out for dinner, I try egg drop soup, & although it's OK, it isn't usually something to rave about! Well, not here, with this soup, & that's probably due to the inclusion of the broccoi, the carrot AND the shrimp! I did cut most of the ingredients back by half, since there were just 2 of us, however, I did include a generous 1/3 lb of the shrimp! A WON-DER-FUL keeper of a recipe, & thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed while in Asia with ZWT6]