Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this as a side for almost every Asian-type entree I make. Easy and I think it is delicious.
Make and share this Simple Sesame Soy Oriental Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb udon noodles or 1⁄2 lb soba noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 -3 scallions, sliced
- Start cooking the udon noodles according to the package directions.
- In a bowl, whisk together the next 6 ingredients.
- When the noodles are done, drain and transfer to a large bowl; drizzle the sauce over the noodles; toss quickly.
- Sprinkle the sliced scallions over the top.
We really enjoyed these noodles. I had to use fettuccini because the Chinese section of the grocery does not offer many items at all. I had no scallions so I added slivers of cabbage and carrots like our restaurant does. I will have to say that this is so much better than the noodles we usually order at the restaurant. So much more flavor. Thank you!
I really liked this, but will add a little less oil next time. Other than that, it was delicious!
Couldn't be much easier... or yummier! I added a little garlic, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. By the time I had the sauce made, the noodles were done and the whole thing took about 5 minutes to make. These noodles are great hot or cold or room temp. Thanx for a new, easy go-to Asian side dish.