Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I made this as a side for almost every Asian-type entree I make. Easy and I think it is delicious.
Top Review by nisea916
We really enjoyed these noodles. I had to use fettuccini because the Chinese section of the grocery does not offer many items at all. I had no scallions so I added slivers of cabbage and carrots like our restaurant does. I will have to say that this is so much better than the noodles we usually order at the restaurant. So much more flavor. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 lb udon noodles or 1⁄2 lb soba noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 -3 scallions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Start cooking the udon noodles according to the package directions.
- In a bowl, whisk together the next 6 ingredients.
- When the noodles are done, drain and transfer to a large bowl; drizzle the sauce over the noodles; toss quickly.
- Sprinkle the sliced scallions over the top.