Recipe by Foxgirl
My mama's recipe--a favourite dish from my childhood. Great with blackeyed peas and a salad!
- 453.59 g can pink salmon
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml onion, minced
- 118.29 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon, setting aside about 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix salmon, egg and onion until sticky.
- Stir in flour.
- Add baking powder to salmon juice, stir into salmon mixture.
- Form patties and fry until golden brown (approx. five minutes or so) in hot oil.