Simple Halibut Croquettes
Great way to enjoy halibut and the kids love it!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked halibut, flaked
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To cook the halibut I usually cut it up and put it in boiling water. When it rises to the top it is done.
- Drain the halibut and flake with a fork.
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs and lemon juice.
- Shape into 6 individual croquettes and roll in bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brown.
- Serve plain, with lemon juice or with a sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for PAC 2010. First I would never boil my fish, just me. It needs to be seasoned. I grilled mine until lightly brown and tender. It didn't hold together, but it basically needed other binders. It was very bland even though I added some celery, onion and parsley and I still could of added a bit more flavor. I did mix and then chill before, but I just didn't like them. Sorry, they were just bland. There are ways to incorporate a light amount of seasoning and vegetables without taking away from the flavor of the fresh fish. I did serve them with a nice fresh remoulade sauceReply