Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mama's recipe--a favourite dish from my childhood. Great with blackeyed peas and a salad!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Drain salmon, setting aside about 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix salmon, egg and onion until sticky.
- Stir in flour.
- Add baking powder to salmon juice, stir into salmon mixture.
- Form patties and fry until golden brown (approx. five minutes or so) in hot oil.