Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our Shrimp, Crawfish or Crab boils here in New Orleans are never without this sauce for dipping them in! We also dip our seafood boiled potatoes in this sauce. The variation way is probably our preferred way.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Mix together and served chilled.
- FOR THE VARIATION:OMIT brown mustard and relish.
- And ADD the Worcestershire.
- (probably our preferred way).
Very nice sauce that tastes a lot like Thousand Island dressing but with a little more depth of flavor from the horseradish. I think this would be an excellent sauce (minus relish) to spread on pizza crust for a Reuben Pizza. Also a good sauce to serve with fried fish instead of tartar sauce.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I made it to go w/ some fried green tomatoes. Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely be making this again.
So easy, so good. I also left out ketchup for me, but added it for DH (a ketchup addict). Served with Salmon Patties #137575 and we both enjoyed it.