Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know there are already 3 pages of recipes, but the list of ingredients in most were to long for me. Here is a recipe my family loves because is tastes great, and a recipe I love because it's so easy.
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- In a skillet cook sliced sausage for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and saute till veggies are tender.
- Add beans and tomatoes with thier juice.
- Season with thyme, caynne, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.
This is delicious! My husband came to me with a request for red beans and rice to go with his hot wings for dinner...in an hour!Yikes! I grabbed this recipe, a couple of cans of kidney beans, some seasonings, and...I made it within the hour! I didn't include meat, as he was already having chicken wings. I also had rice in the freezer, so I just thawed that out. I had about half of a jalapeÃ±o pepper in the freezer that I'd previously seared and peeled, so that went into the pot. Since I didn't use any meat, I didn't drain the beans, opting for just a little more flavor, as well as a 3 inch long piece of celery I needed to get rid of. Since I'd never made red beans and rice before, I didn't quite know what to expect, but we were in for a big surprise, it was excellent! It ws just sooo good! I served them over mounds of fluffy rice, and we enjoyed it very much! Thank you so much for sharing! Great recipe!
Sooo easy, and soooo good. I use Cajun Chicken Andouille sausage, frozen diced green pepper and onion. Makes for a quick meal. Good with or without the sausage. Thanks for the recipe - it is a staple in my house!
This is SO easy and incredibly good. I am already making it again...thanks!!