Recipe by La Gourmande
When we get low on groceries toward the end of every other week, I have to be creative to make it last. Along the way, I discover easy, healthful meals that can be made in a pinch and are sure to please.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together water, tomato paste, and chicken broth in a pot until blended.
- In another pan, sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Drain the liquid from the red beans into the broth mixture and save the beans for later or empty in the whole can.
- Let simmer, adding parsley and paprika.
- Add sautéed onions and garlic to soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.