Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this because its simple. And you can add to it to create your own favorite flavors.
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups flour (optional)
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon water, if needed (optional)
- Put potatoes and onions in large soup pot. Put enough water to just cover the potatoes and onions. Let cook until potatoes are tender.
- Turn down heat to medium. Put butter and milk into pot. Wait till butter melts then stir. Let simmer.
- While the soup heats up again make the noodles. Mix flour and eggs until you get a thick pancake-like mixture. If too thick add by teaspoon water. If too thin add a little more flour.
- When the soup has heated up again to a slow boil add salt and pepper. Then add the noodle mix by slowly pouring it into soup in a circle pattern. Let noodles stiffen before stirring. When stiffened stir and then serve.
- Be careful--soup is extremely HOT.
- Note: If you want a thicker soup, add a rue of your choice. Also you can add a meat. I love ham added. It gives a great flavor.