Recipe by Mrs Goodall
This came from Eating Well magazine. We have Italian Plum trees and I'm always looking for new recipes to use up all our plums! Use 1 pound of any kind of plums you like. I love that there are only 4 ingredients! The tag line on the recipe says "...spread on crackers with cream cheese or as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken."
Top Review by Shazzie
My plums may have been a little too tart, so I added more honey and some brown sugar. I also found it needed a little salt and I needed to thicken it with some corn starch. A lovely, simple recipe that lends itself to variations like adding other spices such as ginger. Thank you.
- 453.59 g plum, pitted and chopped
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml honey
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine plums, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the plums start to break down, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse several times into a coarse puree.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.