Recipe by helowy
A friend originally gave me this recipe, and it has been a staple ever since. Especially good when you want to take a meal to someone.
Top Review by missgaga
Excellent and easy dish. I added capers, garlic and canned chicken. Also, canned tomatoes with lots of the sauce, which created a blush sauce. Tasted delish. I will be making this again!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (3 cups)
- 5 cups spaghetti sauce (amount is flexible depending on how much sauce you like)
- 1 lb ground turkey (optional, I never use it) or 1 lb sausage (optional, I never use it) or 1 lb beef, browned and seasoned (optional, I never use it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Defrost spinach and drain (you don't need to drain it well).
- Mix cooked noodles, spinach, cheese, and spaghetti sauce, and meat, if used.
- Spoon into baking dish (9 x 13).
- Bake, covered at 350F until hot and cheese is melted.