Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my newly adopted recipes. We are big mango lovers and smoothies are such great breakfasts ar afternoon snacks.When mangoes are on sale, buy a few, chop them up and freeze them for use in this healthy recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup mango, diced,frozen
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk or 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon honey, more to taste
- In a blender, combine frozen mango, milk and sugar.
- Whirl until mixture is smooth, adding a bit more milk if needed.
- To make a larger smoothie or to make more servings, just use equal amounts mango and milk, plus sugar to taste.
I had a ball of a time with this smoothie today. Here's my little story: I'd just finished making a dish of the Pick Your Chef contest for my bro. and mom, and I made this smoothie for myself. This made half a glass and I was about to sit down to have it when my bro. began to drool over it in the midst of munching down a piece of the Afghani Chicken I'd just finished grilling in the oven. His eyes started to roll over it( I presume it was just like how Harry Potter's cousin Dudley's must've rolled on seeing Fred's sweets all over his floor when he was on a diet during his holidays!). My bro. asked me for a sip which I gave him and he liked it sooo much, that he grabbed the glass out of my hands and started sipping it down and I was left saying, "Hey thats my lunch!!". LOL. My dear dad who was having the other half of the mango I'd chopped minutes ago to make my smoothie, gladly gave me the remaining(about 5 chopped pieces) and made me make the smoothie for myself while he had the seed and whatever flesh remained. My mom was grinning all the while while having her grilled chicken. It was funny! And sweet! It brought a smile to everyone of us and made the lunch full of fun! Thank You for that and the brilliant smoothie!
I was dying for something sweet and I goggled mango and soy milk since that is what I had in the fridge and this popped up oh I also had honey.It was GREAT!!! sweet and hit the spot and very simple thank you. All smiles over here my sweet tooth was kicking my but lol.
Maybe using fresh mango is what tripped me up (although I don't see how), but this turned out terrible. A big, foamy mess.
My second try was must better. I recommend:
- First, process the mango separately into a smooth pulp.
- THEN add the sugar and milk. Pulse for just a few seconds.
- Use about half the amount of milk the recipe calls for.