Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like Jell-O only served two ways, this is my favorite of the two. I usually see this at family reunions or sunday dinner. I could eat this any time.
- 1 (12 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Empty whipped topping into a medium sized bowl.
- Sprinkle Jell-O over the top and fold in so it is well blended.
- Add cottage cheese and pineapple and fold into Jell-O mixture.
- Chill for about 4 hours so that the jello softens and slightly sets up.
This stuff is great. I've been making this for several years. I always use an 8 oz. carton of cool whip and a 16 oz. carton of cottage cheese. I add a small can of drained mandarin oranges, a small can of crushed pineapple, a jar of drained maraschino cherries, and nuts, either chopped pecans or sprinkle it with some of those nuts that come in a can that you can get to put on sundaes. I usually get fat free/low fat cool whip & cottage cheese, and sugar-free jello. You can't taste the difference. My husband also likes to add coconut flakes.
5 stars for ease and taste. I used lime jellow and followed the recipe as written. Next time I'll stretch out and try adding fruit and different flavors of jello to find a favorite.
I used orange Jello and added some mandarin oranges in with the crushed pineapple. The taste is really good, but the little curds of cottage cheese kind of weird me out. I'll probably make it again but leave out the cottage cheese. Thanks!