Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like Jell-O only served two ways, this is my favorite of the two. I usually see this at family reunions or sunday dinner. I could eat this any time.
- 1 (12 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Empty whipped topping into a medium sized bowl.
- Sprinkle Jell-O over the top and fold in so it is well blended.
- Add cottage cheese and pineapple and fold into Jell-O mixture.
- Chill for about 4 hours so that the jello softens and slightly sets up.
To make this recipe more like a salad rather than a dessert, try adding some shredded carrot and thinly sliced grapes.
This stuff is great. I've been making this for several years. I always use an 8 oz. carton of cool whip and a 16 oz. carton of cottage cheese. I add a small can of drained mandarin oranges, a small can of crushed pineapple, a jar of drained maraschino cherries, and nuts, either chopped pecans or sprinkle it with some of those nuts that come in a can that you can get to put on sundaes. I usually get fat free/low fat cool whip & cottage cheese, and sugar-free jello. You can't taste the difference. My husband also likes to add coconut flakes.
5 stars for ease and taste. I used lime jellow and followed the recipe as written. Next time I'll stretch out and try adding fruit and different flavors of jello to find a favorite.