1/1 Photo of Simple Italian Baked Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is one of those simple clasics that everyone loves. I usually serve it with a garden salad, and french bread. This also freezes beautifully! I have made two pans, one for now, and one for later. Enjoy! From http://www.cooking-italian-food.com/lasagna.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm.
- 2Drain, keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, saute the ground beef, garlic and onion is a large heavy skillet or saucepan until beef is done.
- 4Add sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- 5Simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes .
- 6In a separate bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- 7Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan.
- 8Arrange a first layer of noodles so the ends hang over the sides of the pan.
- 9(The ends will be laid back-over the top for the final layer).
- 10Then add a layer of the cooked beef lasagna sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- 11Add a second alternating layer of pasta, the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- 12Repeat until pan is almost full then fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and top with more lasagna sauce.
- 13Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes , or till cheese is bubbly.
- 14Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- 15This Lasagna recipe can be modified to suit individual preferences. I have also made it using Italian sausage instead of beef, and I have added a can of chopped tomatoes to the sauce mixture with good results. Sometimes I mix in shredded parmesan cheese to the ricotta for an extra boost :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Italian Baked Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.4
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 627.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: