Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad is soooo easy but extremely delicious! It is great hot, cold, or in between. If I didn't have a huge sweet tooth, I could very happily live on just this salad and crusty bread forever!
- 500 g frozen green beans
- 2-3 clove garlic, crushed
- 59.14-118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Boil or steam green beans until tender-crisp (hint: use a bit of salt in the water to make the beans their greenest).
- Meanwhile, add garlic and oil to medium-sized serving bowl.
- Once they're cooked, drain the beans and toss them in the olive oil& garlic mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you can, let the salad sit for 30 minutes (or more) to let the flavours combine.
- Serve at desired temperature.
- Note: this salad is also very tasty with some finely chopped onion (preferably sweet) added with the garlic.
- You can also use a mix of greeen and yellow beans for additional colour.
I love this recipe! One of my favorite ways to have green beans. I used fresh green beans and blanched them in hot boiling water with some kosher salt for 10 minutes, than drained the water off. I used a saucepan and added minced garlic and the olive oil and lightly browned the garlic , than added the green beans, salt and black pepper and tossed lightly and removed from the pan to a platter and added some chopped red onion. This is delicious warm or cold. I could eat this everyday just by its self. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a nice quick & simple side dish. I steamed the beans, which come in a 453g bag. I used 1/4C oil as we don't like veggies swimming in sauce. We did think this had too much of a garlic taste (maybe I should use smaller cloves).