Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Simple Greek Beet Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beet (about 1/2 kg beets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Boil the beets with their skins for about 30 to 40 minutes, let them cool and peel (this can get messy).
- In a little bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Cut the beets in round slices and place on a plate.
- Pour the dressing over the beets and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- *You can also cut in cubes and serve in a deeper bowl.
wowser this is good used canned sliced beets,the walnut with the beets is soooo good meaty mouth feel if your going meatless zwt9
Simple and delicious. I love the sweet of the beet with the tart of the vinegar and the hum of the garlic.