Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 lb beet (about 1/2 kg beets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Boil the beets with their skins for about 30 to 40 minutes, let them cool and peel (this can get messy).
- In a little bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Cut the beets in round slices and place on a plate.
- Pour the dressing over the beets and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- *You can also cut in cubes and serve in a deeper bowl.
Oh yum, oh yum, oh yum! I bought 3 pounds of beets yesterday for $2, and I know how the other 2 pounds will get used. This recipe is excellent and oh-so easy to make. I had to laugh at your suggestion that peel the beets could be 'messy'. You should see my colourful hands. :) We're big fans of feta cheese so I added about 2 ounces of crumbled feta. This will become a go-to recipe. So many thanks for posting.
Beets are in season now and I can't think of a better treatment for them than this salad. It was as advertised so simple but very, very tasty. Thanks for posting. K9 Owned/Lesley
wowser this is good used canned sliced beets,the walnut with the beets is soooo good meaty mouth feel if your going meatless zwt9