Recipe by Mommy Diva
Just my take on a favorite recipe!! There are so many out there but this is the way I like to make them!! When I made this today I yielded 6 large muffin tins, 6 small, and two left over "hand formed" nests. ;) Total of 14 assorted sizes - depends on your pans what you will yield. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by CookieMonster2323
Loved these so much this past Easter! I can't believe I forgot to review them. I made a couple large ones in a bigger muffin tin and then a full tin of the mini muffin ones. They all turned out so cute and delicious with the peanut M&M centers and they were tasty to boot! :) Thank you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water in double boiler over medium heat and add chocolate chips to top portion.
- When chocolate begins to melt, add peanut butter and continue to stir until creamy.
- Add broken chow mein noodles, stirring until completely coated.
- Remove from heat and place upper portion on a folded towel to allow cooling while you prepare tins.
- Spray muffin tins (I liked the large size best, but make both for varied sizes) with cooking spray (such as Pam).
- Spoon generous amount of mixture into each cup creating a well in the center as you go.
- Continue until all of mixture is used up.
- Place jelly beans, M&M's Peeps or other candies for garnish as desired.
- Chill in refridgerator for at least 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from tins and serve or package to gift - should be used within a couple of days.
- For additional garnish, can be served on dyed green coconut and tied in cellophane bundles with ribbons to give as gifts.