1/2 Photos of Simple Chinese Chicken Salad
I was leafing through a low-carb magazine and came across this fantastic recipe. After making it with a few of my own adaptations, this is the final result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled or poached,then shredded
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (I used a Microplane Zester)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced (I just smash mine with the broad edge of my chef's knife)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Shred the cabbage and the lettuce.
- 2Combine with all the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in the bowl of a food processor.
- 4Pulse until evenly blended.
- 5Toss the salad with the dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.2
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added peanut butter