Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I guarantee you'll love this chili!! It is soooo easy to make. Sounds a little odd, but even my kids love it. Full bodied and not too spicy. I've always made chili from scratch, but we liked this one so well, I wrote it down.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely minced,or puree'd
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon tapatio hot sauce (or your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a large skillet.
- Add the next 8 ingredients and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add canned beans and cook on a low simmer another 10 minutes.
- If you find ANY errors, please let me know.
I simply adored the garlic overtone this chili has; making it just different from my other recipes. Tonight I was looking for a soupier chili, so I added about a cup of beef broth. Topped it with sour cream and cheddar cheese and dinner was ready in a snap! Very tasty!
This was a very easy and quick recipe! My husband accidently got diced tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes and it still worked out great. I added some brown sugar to sweeten it up a little and a can of drained corn for texture and to please the eye. I made it for a superbowl party so I doubled to recipe. I also excluded the hot sauce because we like our chili mild and even a little sweet. Thanks for the recipe!
This chili was great. I did add a can of tomato sauce to it becauce I like my chili to have more of a sauce texture to it, just personal preference. The spices were perfect and so was everything else.