1/2 Photos of Simple Chicken and Sausage Paella
Sous Chef Bentley's Note:
This is it, my first recipe. I've been making this "Paella" for years. It's my husband's favourite. It tastes so good, everyone is always surprised when they hear it was cooked in the Microwave. Adapted from The Canadian Living Cooking Collection Series.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped (homemade is better)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (we love spicy foods)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, remove all visible fat and cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped diagonally
- 1Using a 12 cup microwaveable dish, combine chopped sausages, onions, green pepper and garlic. Microwave uncovered at a High setting for approximately 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir halfway.
- 2Add long-grain rice, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Stir and cover. Microwave at a High setting for approximately 8 to 10 minutes until boiling. Stir and cover. Microwave at a Medium setting for another 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cover. Microwave at a Medium setting for approximately 7 to 9 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Let stand covered for another 5 minutes.
- 5Serve with chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chicken and Sausage Paella
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 704.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 40.5 g