Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A hearty soup that is great all year round. Perfect for a laid back dinner for two.
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- In a soup pot, combine the vegetable stock and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil, and stir in the rice and nutmeg.
- Cover tightly, remove from heat, and set aside, undisturbed for about 5 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
I used fresh broccol finely chopped. I liked the nutmeg but the soup lacked a little sparkle. Not sure what to suggest, perhaps a tbsp of Worchestershire sauce. It was enjoyed just not raved oved.