Simple Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- melt butter in small boiler, add onions and cook until tender.
- while they are cooking, steam broccoli and carrots in steam bag in microwave for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Move carrots and broccoli into boiler with onions and saute for a minute or two, adding kosher salt and fresh pepper at this point.
- Add campbell's cheddar cheese soup and 1/2 can of milk and stir until smooth over low heat.
- add cheese to soup when ready to serve.
- for a little kick, add 1/4 teaspoon of cajun seasoning while cooking over low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A nice comforting soup for a stormy summer day. The only change I made was to use broccoli cheese soup as I did not have cheddar cheese soup. Since carrots vary so much in size, I was not sure how much to add without the flavor overwhelming the broccoli so I used a small carrot. Served with a crusty bread for dipping. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.