Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wanted a basic way to cook drumsticks since they are cheaper than the breasts. I didn't want alot of spice or sauce on it so if you are looking that, this is not the recipe for you. We found it just right for us, the flavor of the chicken really comes through. I served with corn and twice baked potato casserole.
- Put some olive oil in the bottom of a 9X13 pan (just enough to put the drumsticks on ).
- Add drumsticks (space enough apart so they aren't touching each other).
- Sprinkle generously with pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake at 375 for half an hour. Turn drumsticks over and add more garlic powder, pepper and salt (same as before).
- Bake another half an hour (or until cooked til 160 degrees)).
These were absolutely DELICIOUS! I covered the legs with olive oil and seasoned well with Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning and let marinate while my toaster oven was pre-heating. Baked for 30 minutes at the recommended 375°F then turned them over and baked another 30 minutes at 350°F. They were so flavorful, tender and juicy, almost to the point of falling off the bone. This will be added to my go to quick meals folder. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
I have made this recipe 3 times in last month. Only thing i do different is add a little paprika to spices, and toss chicken pieces in a mix of olive oil and butter, using mostly olive oil. I usually do not care for bone in chicken, but this is amazing. so juicy. and flavorful. I have had rice with this, i have had corn-on -cob and macaroni salad with it, i have had mashed potatoes and gravy with it. It is very versatile, easy, qucik and delicious
Loved this recipe! I changed it by adding Ms. Dash seasoning and a little chili powder, my family loved it and it was quick and easy!