Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is comfort food for me. My grandparents in Michigan had two yellow delicious and two red delicious apple trees in their back yard. Along with their apple sauce, apple butter and the zillions of apple pies grandma made- this was my all time favorite apple dish. It's easy and oh so good, especially if you have tons of apples to get rid of.
- 1 lb yellow golden delicious apple, cored, peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces apple-smoked bacon
- kosher salt
- Fry bacon in saute pan until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel. Crumble bacon into med size pieces once it's cool enough to handle.
- In same pan add the sliced up apples to hot pan with drippings.
- Add a little bit of salt to taste.
- Saute for about 6-7 minutes on Med to Med-high or until apples start to soften.
- Stir in bacon and serve warm.
- VERY good served with pancakes.
This was a wonderful addition to my breakfast this morning! Quick and easy, just what I need when I'm running to work, but still fun to cook and delicious with a slice of toast!
Yum! This was really good --- alongside some toast and a glass of juice. Then again--my motto is: Anything with bacon has gotta be g-o-o-d!!! *Football Pool Week #10*