1/2 Photos of Simple and Delicious Mac 'n' Cheese
I've been working on a good mac and cheese recipe for a while and I'm pretty sure this is the best I've ever made. I use cavatappi pasta, but you can use any shape you have on hand. It's really easy and a great winter super... Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box cavatappi pasta, if you use a smaller pasta, use 3/4 of the box
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups milk, i recommend measuring it out and letting it warm up on the counter for a few minutes so it doesn't s
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, half a stick, preferably softened but not necessary
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1cook pasta according to box directions and preheat oven to 350.
- 2while pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium sauté pan. once melted stir in flour and pepper.
- 3whisk flour until incorporated and bubbling.
- 4slowly add milk. stir often until milk begins to thicken and bubbles form.
- 5turn off heat and add 1/4 cup of parmesan and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese. whisk until combined.
- 6gently fold in cooked pasta and transfer to a baking dish, i typically use an 8x8 casserole.
- 7top with reserved parm and cheddar cheeses and dust lightly with bread crumbs.
- 8bake until lightly toasted on top.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple and Delicious Mac 'n' Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.5
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 473.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 25.7 g