1/4 Photos of Simmered Lamb Shanks
2 hrs 10 mins
Tasty lamb dish,using an economical cut of lamb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a frypan over high heat.
- 2Add the shanks and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- 3Place the lamb in a baking dish with the stock, wine, bay leaves, garlic, onions, rosemary, marjoram and peppercorns.
- 4Cover dish and bake at 315F for 2 hours or until lamb is very tender.
- 5Serve in deep bowls.
- 6Lovely with a garlic/potato mash.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simmered Lamb Shanks
Serving Size: 1 (922 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1339.2
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 484.2 mg
- Sodium 1028.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 146.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: