Recipe by KeLynn
Perfect for any day of the week or with Thanksgiving dinner. Reheat leftovers on the stove with a splash of milk. My boyfriend said the onion powder gives these potatoes their great taste.
- 10 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- bacon and shredded cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in large pot of water until tender.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add cubed cream cheese and one stick of butter.
- Using a hand mixer blend until combined.
- Add milk, 1/2 stick butter, onion powder, and salt and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add more salt and/or onion powder to taste.
- Let cook over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.