Recipe by Bergy
This is a treat for young and old - have it plain or with a dram of alcohol Delicious either wayPrep time does not include chilling time. Make the chocolate mixture ahead of time, it will keep in the fridge for several hours
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Yet another wonderful way to knock off a glass of chocolate milk! I cut this recipe in half & then shared the resulting syrup with some neighbor kids, who obviously enjoyed it, as did I! Instead of a liqueur I used a hazelnut syrup for coffee, & that worked very well! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a thank you for being tagged in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup (Karo)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 8 1⁄4 cups milk
- 20 ounces hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 20 ounces coffee liqueur or 20 ounces your favorite liquor or 20 ounces brandy (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate chips, syrup, water& vanilla, heat over low heat, stirring often until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth mixture Put in the fridge until completely cold.
- Beat cream until it is beginning to thicken, add chocolatr mixture and continue beating until it mounds, chill When you are ready to serve heat the milk, do not boil.
- Pour 6 oz of milk into an 8oz mug or glass cup Stir in as much of the chocolate mix as you like (about 4 heaping tbsp per cup) If you are adding alcohol pour 1 oz into the cup of milk and then add the cocolate Top with a dab of the chocolate mixture and a sprinkle of shaved chocolate.