Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a treat for young and old - have it plain or with a dram of alcohol Delicious either wayPrep time does not include chilling time. Make the chocolate mixture ahead of time, it will keep in the fridge for several hours
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup (Karo)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 8 1⁄4 cups milk
- 20 ounces hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 20 ounces coffee liqueur or 20 ounces your favorite liquor or 20 ounces brandy (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Combine chocolate chips, syrup, water& vanilla, heat over low heat, stirring often until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth mixture Put in the fridge until completely cold.
- Beat cream until it is beginning to thicken, add chocolatr mixture and continue beating until it mounds, chill When you are ready to serve heat the milk, do not boil.
- Pour 6 oz of milk into an 8oz mug or glass cup Stir in as much of the chocolate mix as you like (about 4 heaping tbsp per cup) If you are adding alcohol pour 1 oz into the cup of milk and then add the cocolate Top with a dab of the chocolate mixture and a sprinkle of shaved chocolate.
Yet another wonderful way to knock off a glass of chocolate milk! I cut this recipe in half & then shared the resulting syrup with some neighbor kids, who obviously enjoyed it, as did I! Instead of a liqueur I used a hazelnut syrup for coffee, & that worked very well! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a thank you for being tagged in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]
Oh this is so delicious! I scaled this recipe wayyyy down and tried to get the measurements as close as I could. I had to share the cup since I am on a diet, but I didn't want to! I used Hazlenut Organic syrup to flavor. Worked out great. I will try this with other syrups I have. Thank you Bergy!!!